Would you like to enhance your brain functionality with your morning coffee? Guess what? Now you can—with mushroom coffee.
I came across countless studies about benefits of mushrooms on the brain, specifically Lion’s mane.
Health Benefits of Lion’s Mane:
- enhances brain function
- helps improve digestive health
- reduces bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol
- supports heart and circulatory system health
I did not want to take any Lion’s Mane supplements however I still wanted to experience the benefits. I found the perfect solution, mushroom coffee! I purchased a box of Four Sigmatic Lion’s mane and Chaga coffee. I am not a big coffee drinker, I personally prefer tea. However, on days that I stay up past my bedtime and have hard time concentrating and focusing on my daily tasks the next day—this coffee gives me the energy I need to get through the day. I drink my coffee black, without any creamer or sweetener. It does not have the strong coffee taste, it’s a much smoother, milder taste. I drink about half of a cup and only on days when I need an extra energy boost. I am happy with the results so far. I do not drink conventional coffee (including decaf) because of the jittery feeling I get after I take a few sips. I did not experience that with this mushroom coffee. I also enjoy the packaging, very convenient to keep at your desk at work.
With fall here, it’s a new season with new adventures, new experiences, a new wardrobe, and a new attitude. With cozy weather, it’s nice to stay inside and cuddle up with some blankets. People say that the hardest part of getting up and out there is convincing yourself to get up and get out there. For me personally, it’s finding something to do. Here are some ideas for fall hangouts and dates:
Apple orchards are a great place to visit during fall. The apples are ripe, the leaves change colors and nothing says fall like a caramelized apple. A farmers market is open and always a good way to try new treats and buy produce straight from the gardens. Fall is here so an orchid/ farmers market is the place to go.
Corn mazes, are a fun way to spend your fall time. Typically, corn mazes give you a map of the maze, but if you are feeling spontaneous ditch the map and have fun! One of my favorite things to is to pack a light lunch and have a little picnic on one of the lookout spots. Not only is it a nice break, but food is always a good idea.
Not all fairs are open, but the ones that are, are a good way to spend quality time with family and friends. With lots of games and rides, fall makes the fair fun without the heat.
It might as well be called the hiking season. With summer ending and cooler winds coming in, hikes are a great way to get some exercise and distress. Great views and beautiful fall golden sunsets. Just make sure it’s not supposed to rain.
Another way to distress is to do a spa night. Nights are getting colder and hot bathes just hit the spot. Fall smelling candles, some Epsom salts or bath bombs/ bubbles, dimmed lights and some sort of entertainment. A book, a movie, music, or my favorite, my thoughts. Pamper yourself- put on a mask and paint your nails. Something we rarely get to do.
Looking slim in photos is not always the easiest thing to do. But taking photos is a fun thing to look back at if you’re doing it right. Not being the slimmest person, I used to always dread taking photos. Over the years, I have learned some techniques that help me drop those extra pounds off of my photographs.
The first tip all depends on what you wear. As we all know, black is always slimming but it’s not only black- being monochromatic will also help slim down your body. One shade of clothing will help the eyes flow softly up and down your body. Wearing fitted clothing (not tight, but fitted) will also help slim the body. Wearing loose clothing will make someone look straight and without a body shape, but wearing fitted clothes, even if it is loose, will show a shape that you will then be able to enhance with your pose. A great tip is to wear a fitted top and if appropriate weather, add a cardigan on top. The longer the cardigan- the more it hides.
The next tip is all about your position. Make sure to enhance your body shape, instead of hiding it. Slightly stick out your butt and push your chest forward. This will create an “S” body shape. Twist your body slightly sideways to further enhance that perfect silhouette. Then place one foot in front of the other with a slight bend to the knee. This will further slim down your body by tricking the camera. To further slim your photos, add a purse, cup of coffee, or even sunglasses. Create movement with these pieces to help create the perfect picture.
Following these simple ideas will help slim down your photos and enhance the features you love.
Do you wake up tired, sore, and almost falling off your bed? Is there a migration of the kids, the dog, and maybe even the cat into your bed? Maybe not the case for you, but it is the unaltered reality of our life!
Our kids, who both have their own beds, fall asleep in their own beds. Of course, at times the kids just have a way of ending up in our bed.
Therefore, we have been talking about upgrading our queen mattress to a KING! Below is a short list of pros and cons to justify getting a new mattress!
- More ROOM on the bed!
- Probably with get better sleep, contingent upon what mattress we get
- Can redesign the bedroom
- Need to buy a new mattress: mattress shopping can be exhausting!
- Need to buy a king size bed, sheets, bed covers
- Will take up more room in the bedroom
- What will we do the current furniture/mattress!?
After considering the pros and cons, we are still going with our impulse to purchase a new KING mattress. We are pursuing the thought of a good night sleep!!! Now, on to dealing with the cons…
Photo by Matthew Henry on Unsplash
Fall is coming up and we all know what that means, school. Even though it’s coming up in a couple of weeks it’s still on our minds and we just can’t wrap our minds around it. Here are some things to try to get the school year started.
Tips & Tricks:
- If you are new to the campus / school, take a tour to get familiar where the buildings are. This will help save time.
- Print your schedule ahead of time to not worry about any servers shutting down.
- Buy a parking passes. Not only is it more convenient, it’s cheaper.
- Buy your textbooks before hand. Some website that are great for comparing different prices are http://www.bigwords.com/, http://b-ok.org/, http://www.slugbooks.com/
- Be prepared the first day. You never know what to expect. Have some notebooks/loose leaf paper and a writing utensil.
Over all be open to meeting new people and new experiences!
My engagement story, for me, was the beginning of my fairytale story. The first question I got asked right after I got engaged was: how did he propose? Tell us the whole story and don’t skip any details. I know that this question is asked over and over again because each story is different and all are interesting. Here’s how my husband starting our fairytale.
My husband and I were very good friends for five years before we starting dating. We dated for exactly six months, and then he popped the question. (As you can tell, I said YES!!!). He was very romantic and spontaneous. It happened on Thursday, June 30, 2016. After work, Romeo planned to go to the ocean in San Francisco with a couple of our friends. We got to the ocean around 8:00 p.m. and and decided to walk around, just the two of us. While we were walking and discussing our plans for the future and our life, our friends were planning the surprise. We walked up on a cliff and sat there for a bit just admiring the view. When it got dark out, he decided to head back to the car, walking by the road instead of on the beach. As we got closer to the car, I could see that he was worried or nervous, but I just ignored it, assuming that it was because it was getting colder. He took we to the edge of a cliff and down below were the words “Marry Me?” in lights. Of course I said “YES” like a dozen times!
Did I suspect anything? Of course I did, but why ruin such a beautiful moment
My first trip with WowAir was to Iceland. My husband and I were able to book a direct flight from San Francisco to Keflavík, Iceland for almost a third of the cost of other airlines. As a precaution, you will need to pay for everything from reserving a seat to paying a carry-on bag fee. We were a little nervous and had our doubt at first, but with such affordable prices we decided to go for it! And I am glad we did, our overall experience was very positive. Here are my top tips for traveling with Wow Air.
1. Reserve seats. I highly recommend paying the few dollars extra to reserve your seat on the plane. Especially on a long haul flight like ours, we did not want to risk sitting apart from each other.
2. Baggage. This is an obvious one, but can easily be overlooked. Be sure to review the website to ensure your carry-on and personal bag are within the size limit. The fight staff personally check each luggage piece when you check-in and tag whether it will be stored under the seat or in the overhead compartment. Be sure to measure your bags at home and if you have a chance, use the luggage-size-check-unit at the gate. This way you can avoid paying any fees or having to upgrade. We seen quite a few travelers forced to check-in their carry-ons because the bag did not pass the check.
3. Food. Wow Air does not provide any complimentary snacks, even on the 8+hour flight like ours. You can purchase food on the plane but as you can imagine, it can really add up. My advise would be to bring a few snacks of your own. We brought pre-cut fruit, berries, a few Kind bars and of course, a bag of chips.
4. Drinks. As with food, there are no complimentary drink. That’s right, no complimentary water. My tip is to bring an empty water bottle that you can then fill up after you pass TSA. Most airports have water bottle filling stations or you can stop by the food court and ask to have your bottle filled.
5. Entertainment. There are no TV’s on the plane. You will have the option to purchase an iPad as with most airlines. We ended up bringing a laptop with a few movies ready to go. We ended up watching only one but it was good to have.
6. Comfort. I also recommend bringing a small blanket with you as the plane can get chilly. We did not bring one on our flight and ended up pulling out our down jackets to keep us warm.
So I had three apples. Three wrinkled, old apples that were past their prime freshness. They were left behind time and time again, no one wanted to eat those three apples.
I peeled them, sliced them, put them in a pan with some butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Well! Now they looked delicious!
Then I added some batter to the pan (flour, sugar, salt, eggs, half-and-half, vanilla extract) and into the oven all of it went! A couple minutes later, more like 18, out came out an amazing, delicious apple Dutch baby!
You can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top but it was so pretty I really did not think it was necessary. Those three apples and some extra calories were gone in no time!
I followed this recipe http://www.olgasflavorfactory.com/breakfast/apple-dutch-baby-german-apple-pancake/
As someone who is young and in love, I like to spend my time with my boyfriend. Now, let’s not forgot the key part of that sentence, young. While dating, you are eager to see one another, but at what cost? I believe, like most people do, that money doesn’t buy happiness. Money can bring ease but not memories and experiences! Some memories and experiences of mine that are great date ideas are outdoor adventures, or something as simply as a stay home movie night. I’d like to share a couple of these ideas with you:
-Have dates at parks, swings are a must for me. A nice walk around the park is also a great way to get to know each other. Rather than buying something to snack on during your date, make something from scratch at home. From there, you can enjoy each other’s company and get to know each other better. P.s the more food you bring, the longer the date; if it’s not going great… hurry up and eat!
-Hiking is not only a great way to get active, but closer to your date. You may find out some things you have never known before. To top off a hike, you can always watch the stars. Watch them sparkle and see the moonlight hit your date’s face. But this is a date that I would recommend if you have been on a couple of previous dates… just in case.
-Also you can just watch the stars without the exercise, maybe even dance under the stars.
– Don’t have a place of your own? Crash your friends or in my case your sister’s house and have a mellow movie or game night.
– Use your gift card (if you have any). Go out to eat or just a coffee date.
We all know the hassle of getting out of bed each morning. We make sure to set an alarm so we do not oversleep, but we all know that the snooze button is there for a reason. Although we don’t like to admit it, we use it more often than we should. We keep pressing the snooze button and by the time we actually wake up, are running late for work or school.
To help me get ready, I make sure to have a couple of staple pieces in my wardrobe. It should be simple, classy and definitely should not need ironing! It should be something that’ll look good no matter what. I usually go with classic black jeans, a simple white tee, and a pair of flats. Just add a blazer and some accessories to dress up the outfit. This is when i would add my pop of color and be able to make my outfit unique.
Narrow down your makeup routine. When I’m in a hurry, I know that the best option is to stick to the basics. Go with a natural look and spice it up with a bold lip. Don’t need to draw that wing when you got to fly out the door.
For hair, just put it in a bun… no one will ever know. If you have some extra time, I like to put a braid in my hair. It’s a quick way to elevate your hairstyle and look put together.
You can read the earlier post on Quick & Easy Make Ahead Healthy Breakfast Ideas.