These jello bites are an elegant way to serve jello. They are delicious and a showstopper your guests will have to try. You can combine any flavors for different color variations. Pink and purple for a little girl, blue and green for boys, or even the colors of your favorite team to show your support. Today, I used red and blue to celebrate Independence Day! The combinations are only limited by your imagination or the colors available at your grocery store!
Here are the simple ingredients:
4 (3 oz) boxes of Jello
2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1. Dissolve each 3 oz. Jello packet with 1 cup of hot water.
2. Pour into containers and chill.
3. Once solid, cut up the Jello into squares and mix the colors in a glass 9 x 13 casserole dish.
4. In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 packets of gelatine over 1/2 cup of cold water and let it bloom. Add 1 ½ cups of boiling water.
5. Add the condensed milk to the gelatine mixture. Stir until combined.
6. Pour the room temperature* condensed milk mixture into the casserole dish.
7. Chill until the Jello sets or overnight. Cut into squares and serve.
*Make sure your milk mixture is room temperature or else your colors will bleed a little, like mine. Unless, of course, that’s the look you are going for!